As a part of our fast growing team, we are looking for an experienced Senior Ruby Developer (Backend) / Software Engineer / Software Developer (m/f/d) in fulltime who can contribute, take ownership, and help us scale our product and business.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- A decisive role: You are part of our R&D team and keen to take on more ownership in your area of expertise, working closely with other stakeholders in the business.
- An international team: Every individual matters - as a team of 14 different nationalities we value the synergy of different cultures, personalities and backgrounds.
- Room for growth: We take a personal interest in your perspectives and development, so every employee has a budget for educational purposes (e.g. language or IT certificates) and realistic options for career development within the company.
- A quality oriented development culture: We're proud of our code, practice TDD, like to pair when needed and use continuous integration.
- The perks of a start-up: Think of the benefits that a startup generally offers. On top of that, we celebrate every single success with our team, pride ourselves with our transparent feedback culture and thrive on the opportunity of working with smart and driven teams.
- Our environment is built on AWS and we use various AWS services (ECS, S3, Redshift, Lambda, etc). We deploy applications using Docker images with CircleCi, and Jenkins pipelines run our machine learning algorithms. Our infrastructure is built for Agile development, and our developers deploy features to production multiple times per day with CI/CD.
YOUR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- You take responsibility for further developing our internal API for our web products
- You drive our efforts in structuring the backend data to use it for our web applications and our data pipelines
- You take ownership in working on improving the user experience and delivering a quality product
- You take initiative in tuning and optimising distributed applications for performance/cost
- You advocate continuous learning for yourself and the team by sharing knowledge, coaching and mentoring
- 5+ years experience with building software
- 3+ years experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience building solutions on AWS (or any other cloud provider)
- You practice TDD (at least from time to time)
- Proficient in designing highly scalable and fault-tolerant applications
- Hands-on experience with profiling and optimizing applications (memory usage, SQL queries, etc.)
- Experience with microservices and breaking monolith (and have good arguments for doing it)
- Exposure to mentoring more junior developers
- Desirable experience with React, Docker, Terraform or Ansible
Interested? We are on a strong growth path, so don’t miss the chance!
If you are curious about the startup culture at HeyJobs, do take a look at our Kununu or Glassdoor ratings (average 4.85 - April 2019)!